Google search trends: People are in search for connection during the lockdown
- Google search trends show that there have been big increases in Google searches for certain phrases over the last few months.
- Some were expected, such as “virtual meetings”, others less so – one of the more troubling Google search trends was “get away with murder”!
- A lot of people were looking for physical comfort – everything from “chocolate” to “hot tubs”.
- Others sought an emotional or spiritual connection, including “virtual dating”, “prayer” and “virtual churches”.
- Head of Digital Marketing at Clear, Russell Welch, takes us through the latest Google search trends and with some takeaways for businesses.