Google ranking factors to change search in 2021: Core Web Vitals, E-A-T, or AMP?
- The biggest Google update of the year is called the Page Experience update.
- Core Web Vitals are part of that update, and they are definitely ranking factors to keep in mind, especially when optimizing images.
- AMP is no longer the only way to get a “Top Stories” feature on mobile. Starting in 2021, any news webpage can become a “Top Story”.
- Combining AMP’s privacy concerns and cost of operation might mean that AMP will disappear within a couple of years.
- E-A-T is not a ranking factor right now, and we don’t know if it will become one in the future.